Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Our movements give off light

Looking so peaceful and innocent.

Dogs basking in the sun, after coming frighteningly close to catching a squirrel. The squirrel, to be fair, was teasing them, running back and forth along the top of the fence and doing death-defying leaps from fence to tree branch and back. It ended up on the ground and tore off toward the willow tree, dogs in pursuit, and I swear I saw Clover scramble up the trunk of that tree at least five or six feet off the ground, snapping at the squirrel's tail the whole time. I mean, she almost had that squirrel's tail in her mouth. She was over Gus's head. 

Hello, day after election day, things here are more good than bad, glass at least half full from where I stand. We have the first woman governor of Maine, and she is not (to my knowledge) a nasty racist. Yay!! 

Did I mention how much Gus enjoys when I fill the bird feeder with shelled sunflower seeds? The birds like it too, but Gus thinks it's an awkward treat for him, and he vacuums up all the tiny seeds he can find on the ground. For days afterward, his poop is full of sunflower seeds.

No comments: