Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Playlist for the Endless Winter

The Fox in the Snow

"Fox in the snow, where do you go
To find something you can eat?
Cause the word out on the street is you are starving
Don’t let yourself grow hungry now
Don’t let yourself grow cold
Fox in the snow."

 



Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

"And if the snow buries my,
my neighbourhood.
And if my parents are crying
then I'll dig a tunnel
from my window to yours,
yeah a tunnel
from my window to yours.
You climb out the chimney
and meet me in the middle,
the middle of the town.
And since there's no one else around,
we let our hair grow long
and forget all we used to know,
then our skin gets thicker
from living out in the snow."





Snowstorm

"Well I'm lookin at the snowflakes
And they all look the same."





Blood Bank

"Then the snow started falling
We were stuck out in your car
You were rubbing both of my hands
Chewing on a candy bar."





White Winter Hymnal

"I was following the pack, all swallowed in their coats
With scarves of red tied 'round their throats
To keep their little heads from falling in the snow,
and I turned 'round and there you go
And Michael, you would fall
and turn the white snow red as strawberries in the summertime."





For Emma

"My knees are cold..."





Our Retired Explorer (Dines With Michel Foucault In Paris, 1961) 

"Oh, I could show you the way shadows colonize snow
Ice breaking up on the bay off the Lassiter coast
Light failing over the pole as every longitude leads
up to your frost bitten feet oh, you're very sweet."





January Hymn

"On a winter's Sunday I go
To clear away the snow
and green the ground below
April, all an ocean away,
is this the better way to spend the day?
Keeping the winter at bay."

No comments: