Friday, September 12, 2014

Will you meet me in the air?

1 // I throw my head to the heavens and ask, "WHY IS 'SISTER GOLDEN HAIR' PERMANENTLY STUCK IN MY HEAD? WHY O WHY?"

2 // Usually things are much more simple than we think, but occasionally they are way more fucked up and convoluted and crazy than we'd let ourselves believe.

3 // I am reading that great big fat book everybody's reading! Donna Tartt...The Goldfinch, that's the one! I like it. It has sucked me in and I stay up too late nightly reading just one more chapter.

4 // The dog is not my child, the dog is my friend, my dog, my beloved companion. It's just that the protocol at the dog beach seems to be that we refer to each other (us humans, that is), as "Blackie's mom" and "Sparky's dad." Mark and I do not do that, even though Mark secretly wants to run away with Gus and live in a little cabin in the woods.

5 // So much TV, but SO? You wanna make something of it? Also, see: book-reading, above. Most days, I also complete many hours of billable work, and clean the basement for an hour or so, and sometimes I even vacuum & such. We have started The Good Wife, and finished season one of The Leftovers.

6 // Still with that salad. It's so good.

7 // I need to not listen to the news for a while.


5 comments:

Mary said...

I can't wait to read The Goldfinch! XO

Anonymous said...

The Goldfinch was like one long nightmare I couldn't wake up from. I couldn't wait to get rid of it by loaning it to my friend Liz.

Liz Woodbury said...

I finished it. I liked it, didn't LOVE it, but I enjoyed reading it, and I am enjoying thinking about it in the aftermath. I am now returning it to you, DancerLady, and you can loan it to someone else!

Joanna said...

I couldn't get into The Goldfinch ... What do you put in your salads?

Liz Woodbury said...

Joanna, it's a variation on a salade nicoise. This summer we went to the farmer's market and got what looked good--greens, little potatoes, green beans, zucchini, eggs. Then we grilled a bunch of stuff, or roasted it in the oven. We hard boiled eggs, sliced them, added nicoise olives and capers sometimes. We grilled a piece of tofu or fish too, sometimes. Then I made a vinaigrette with garlic, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and olive oil. Mmmmm.