Saturday, February 02, 2013

The Word of the Day is Barnacles

Gus and I had an exciting morning on the beach, low tide and empty and gusting with bright wind. I flung a stick up and down the beach and Gus halfheartedly chased it, gazing forlornly toward the parking lot, hoping a canine pal or two might show up. Eventually, they did, and he wrestled and chased and was chased to his heart's content.



I invented a farro porridge for breakfast/lunch: farro cooked in coconut milk and water, drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with almonds. Oh yum.

Later, David M met me at the movies for Life of Pi. I liked it for a colorful spectacle, a sweetness, for India of course, for a sympathetic vegetarian character. I don't know if I loved it. I cried a little bit, but as we've discussed before, that proves nothing.


I did come home and hug my cat after this movie.

No comments: