Wednesday, December 05, 2012

The Inside of my Head Looks Something Like This

I am interested in moving vans and their contents. I'm equally interested in the spreading of hot tar on a road in the summer and the spreading of icing on a cake. I'm interested in clouds, dangerously so. I'm interested in birds, particularly those that travel in groups, but not enough to go home and look them up in a bird book later to see what kind they are. I'm interested in the fact that some people pronounce the word "interested" with three syllables, and others with four. I am interested in all evidence of the fact that I live on a round planet that moves through space and is orbited by a moon. I am interested in people who are interested in me. I'm interested in almost all dogs, even the ones I secretly find very ugly. I'm interested in lisps, accents, and voices. I am interested in people having arguments in cars. I'm interested in graffiti, but only the kind drawn with sidewalk chalk.


Melissa Crowe said...

I'M interesting in you! I'M interested in you!

liz woodbury said...

That's a pretty selfish one, huh? But really I mean I'm most interested in people who are interested in the world, in people, including me. LIKE YOU!!!*

*I was thinking about you when I had that particular thought, in fact.

World of Julie said...

And this, all this, is why I like you.