Monday, November 19, 2012

This Girl.

This woman, really, but she is my girl and always will be. Today, she turns TWENTY. I find myself nearly speechless about that, beyond the obvious "how did that happen??" This girl, she changed my life. She is exactly the same fierce, gorgeous, stubborn, brilliant person she was at age two, and yet somehow she's also become a brave adventurer, a scholar and traveler and a person who amazes and humbles and inspires me on a regular basis. I feel so lucky that I get to be her mom.

Germany, 2008.
She made that sweater. See what I'm saying?
Ms Green Eyes.
Zoë in the guise of Jason Read.
Prom shenanigans.
Chard bouquet.
A brief spell working at a fast food chain, possibly one that specializes in donuts.
Washington, DC.
Acadia.
Skyping from the travels of 2011.
Banjo...
...banjo.
Two Lights last winter.
India, 2012.
I love you so much, Bean. I hope your twenties are magical, full of adventure and happiness and love.

Sidenote: I am the mother of a TWENTY year-old.

1 comment:

Melissa Crowe said...

Made me cry.

Happy birthday, Z.!