Friday, March 30, 2012

Les fleurs


Come back, spring! I washed some windows today, hopeful, and bought myself these flowers. Our girl is coming home (mouth healed, finally) for the weekend to see a play, take a bath, maybe try a Holy Donut. I will probably put the flowers in her room, which isn't really her room anymore, but is half way to being Isaac's, with some of his books, art, stuff in it (still, it is currently the most dust-free room, and thus we'll put Zoë in there* I suppose). Her plans to return to India this summer are moving forward thrillingly; she was accepted to a language school in Jaipur where she'll acquire a year's worth of Hindi in a summer. The boy is hatching his own exciting summer plans, details to follow. The long and the short of it is that we're anticipating another mostly empty-nested summer, just Mark, me, and our loyal dog!


*allergies.

3 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

I want to make those flowers from felt! But I don't have time--too many wedding portraits. Maybe I'll just have to sneak some into an unsuspecting bouquet... ;-)

Liz Woodbury said...

oh, i can just picture them in felt!

Melissa Crowe said...

Right? I might have to take a bit of a detour...