Thursday, January 26, 2012

your humble and silky life

emily came over yesterday for a little tea party. also, she taught me how to crochet!

 



































































note emily's gorgeous (gorgeous) blanket (above and below) and my humble (and very first ever) granny square.* she is an extremely patient teacher, and i was pretty proud of my square, even though i'm dubious about my ability to make another one on my own. but that's okay--it's a great excuse for another tea party.

  





































*i bought yarn in melissa crowe blue!

 peonies, by mary oliver

4 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Yes! Yes! That's my blue! And I'm so sorry to have missed the party...

Liz Woodbury said...

which is the OTHER great excuse for another tea party!

mama d said...

Girls at college love a granny square afghan! Just sayin'

Liz Woodbury said...

i wonder if i could finish an entire afghan before she graduates from college...