Wednesday, March 09, 2011

things

new shoes, a $15 splurge. cause, stripes! espadrilles, n'est pas? i won't be able to wear them outside for months, but c'est la vie! it pleases me to look down and see them, all springy despite the thick gray tights.





















lunching with two of my favorite ladies, a new monthly event to look forward to. i made these cupcakes in honor of emily's birthday. i was nervous about them because i can't find the soy milk powder that's one of the secret ingredients of the fluffy vegan creme filling, but i made an inspired substitution and they were delicious.





















daffodils from emily, which opened immediately. aren't they the most optimistic kind of flower? kind of determined, i think.





















and then, there's this: why can't i slip and slide on the sidewalk icy patches in silence? why do i have to exclaim, "wha!" or "yeeep!" or "gaaa!"?

i have wildfire stuck in my head, two days after it installed itself there.

speaking of which, i would not turn down the opportunity to ride a horse on a beach one day.

this book was so good. short stories, 80 percent of which i bitterly regretted weren't novels, i was so deeply invested in them.

if you invited michael k. williams over to your house to watch a movie and eat popcorn, what movie would you want to watch?

3 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

I'm so glad I didn't have to sell my soul to the devil to get one (or two) of those cupcakes. Cause I would have done it.

Liz Woodbury said...

there's a single cupcake sitting here waiting for isaac to eat it. it's taking all of my self control not to devour it.

unemployed negativity said...

I like the sound of the word espadrilles.

The Michael K. Williams clip inspired me to watch Modern Times again last night.