Thursday, July 08, 2010

my girl

is still job hunting (i don't think i ever told you the story of the job she had and immediately lost through no fault of her own). she's applied just about everywhere in this town, and i'm positive she'll soon land one.





















we walked downtown together a couple of times this week, despite the heat. this barbershop will always make me laugh now, because of this.





















the library = hours of free, air conditioned entertainment.





















this book made me think of young billy joe isaac:






















seriously, books are funny.





















my girl is a little blue because max is leaving in one week for his farming adventure in spain. he'll be gone several months, and then in january the two of them will head off to india for their joint adventure. it's going to be very strange around here without him.

4 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

When I was about the same age as Z., Mark went off to live in Louisiana for a year, and I cried almost all the hours I was awake--for weeks. Actually, we got engaged that November, and I made him come fetch me during Christmas break, thus my semester at U of L. ;-)

Liz Woodbury said...

aw! i may have to send her over to your house for tea and commiseration...

Julie Falatko said...

Would she like a job as an occasional babysitter during some mornings?

Liz Woodbury said...

hey, she might! it might end up being a temporary thing (her goal is to get a full time job or two part time jobs), but especially in the meantime, she's open to babysitting.