Wednesday, December 05, 2007

still alive

here i am, one week after the onset of my official bout of influenza, finally back to normal, or thereabouts. there hasn't been much to report in the last week besides coughing, sleeping with the aid of robitussin pm, watching crazy old movies on tv at three o'clock in the morning, my devoted nurse-dog, drinking tea and airborne and eating baked potatoes, and m shouldering the burden of kid transport, lunch making, and basically everything else.

while i was sick: it snowed, a lovely first december snow. also, two of my very best friends had birthdays (dancer lady and holly). my aunt and uncle lost their beloved old canine friend, za. a maine christmas wreath arrived in the mail from my dad, so fragrant that even i could smell it. bean and miss gliss edited their first radio piece for blunt. boo played in the snow with his friend leander. the annoying blondes were eliminated from the amazing race.

now, it's time to bring some holiday spirit into this house. i do my part by playing christmas music whenever i'm in charge of the playlist, and yesterday i even bought ingredients for a few kinds of christmas cookies. and please note my radio station over on the right side of my blog, if you will.

1 comment:

Mary said...

welcome back !!
xxoo