Thursday, April 13, 2006

food network

oh, hello. i'd like to introduce you to my least-favorite host on the food network, marc silverstein:


















i only watch the food network when i am at the gym, since time-wasting tv is what it's all about for me at the gym. i was waiting for rachael ray (my favorite food network host) to come on, watching the end of the best of, when this guy caught my attention. the episode was called "waterfront tables," so his maryland/pennsylvania accent immediately jumped out at me (examples: water. ocean.). do i have a prejudice against the baltimore accent or something? i have to do some serious soul-searching on this issue, but suffice it to say that i developed a loathing for marc silverstein as i watched, and his pronounciation of "haute cuisine," several times, as "hot cuisine" can't be excused by geography.

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

well now that you put up that hideous picture, I can't stand him either!! Please put up some posts quick so that he scrolls down to where I can't see!!

Liz Woodbury said...

well, i guess now that i've achieved my goal of spreading the love for marc silverstein, i'll post something more savoury...

charlotte said...

when did your son and your dog turn savoury??

Liz Woodbury said...

they're delicious sauteed in olive oil with garlic!

Liz Woodbury said...

p.s. when i said that m.s. was my least favorite host on the food network, i forgot about emeril.