Tuesday, January 17, 2006

another dream dog


i have selected yet another dream dog for my mom, who, as you may have surmised, is desperately in need of one. this dog is a schnauzer/poodle mix (i absolutely refuse to refer to him as a "schnoodle," because i think all of those "oodle" names are undignified. except "poodle," that is). his name is shakespeare, and he is the sweetest little thing you ever saw in your life, i swear. boo and i run into him at the udder place from time to time. my mom wants me to steal him for her, but i think the ethicist would disapprove.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, it was fun to click & read the interview with randy cohen, but i'm *not* asking him about this matter!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm wantin' a schnoodle of my very own, but I want your mom to get one first. With 11+ years of poodle parenthood (I almost said ownership) under my belt, I'm able to say schnoodle, golden doodle and labradoodle without difficulty. But my family wants golden doodles to be called pootrievers.....

Anonymous said...

i love the name pootrievers so much that it makes me want one!!!

hey, janet: a proper thank you note (now being revised & spell-checked in my head for the umpteenth time) is soon to be seen in a mailbox near you. We did have the most wonderful time & appreciated your warm & generous hospitality as well as the outstanding musical talent of your resident angel. have just been involved with finals ever since. almost done!